[ic] credit card info

Greg interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 13 20:39:00 2002

At 12:25 AM 6/13/02 -0700, you wrote:
> > > I decided not to Mail-Order-to ... how do I retrieve credit card info
> > > from the db for a transaction?  Or is it only via Mail-Order-To that
> > > credit card info is "available?"  Help.
> > >
> > The credit card details are not stored along with the transaction
> > details.  They will be emailed to you and/or processed by a payment
> > processor.
> >

>Kevin is right, however I think you are manually processing yes?
>
>You will want to look into using GPG or PGP to encrypt them and email them
>to you. I am not familiar with this, but as I understand, this "function"
>acts like a processor, instead of delivering the numbers to some clearing
>house, it emails it to you -> encrypted, where you then decryptisize it ;)
>
>IC does not natively store, keep or need credit card numbers, nor is it a
>good idea to have these numbers on your server, in a db, encrypted or not.
>
>CC#'s go either straight to a processor, or to you via email->PGP/GPG. I
>have passed over a lot of docs regarding this in the archives, it is in
>there. However I think they are broken right now. You might just want to do
>a google search to find out about this GPG/PGP stuff, for now at least.
>

>that is, as I understand it :)
>
>HTH
>
>paul

Here is a message from the archive that got me going on the whole PGP
E-mail issue:

http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2002/msg08166.html

I installed PGP of course, then the Eudora mail client which supports PGP
encryption via a plug-in. I'm on a hosted (Cpanel) site, so I had to work
with my web host to get the public key imported into IC. No problem. I
receive E-mail orders with the CC info block encrypted. I just hit
Decrypt/Verify, enter my pass phrase and the info appears, ready to process.

"It's a beautiful thing."

Greg