[ic] Inventory Functionality

Fri Jun 14 06:51:01 2002

Quoting Bruce Nordstrand (brucen@ksl.com.au):
> Hi All
>
> I am new to Interchange having just installed a test server. Brilliant
> package.
>
> I do have a couple of questions on the item inventory abilities. Is there
> the ability to define a Unit of Measure for each item, say Each, Box, Hour,
> Month etc and the ability to also define a stocking type as in Stocked Item
> and Non Stocked Item. Basically physical item would be stocked and a service
> would be non-stocked.
>
> Additional to these are there any addons to handle Bill of Materials when
> defining an item. For example a shop may sell individual items as well as
> complete units made up from the individual parts. BOM would assist in sales
> reporting and ordering.

There is an incomplete implementation of this which ended up losing the
customer for whom it was being developed.

While it works fine, it is a bear to configure and maintain because the
UI support was never completed and it was never properly documented. It
was actually designed to interface with downloaded BOM tables from Baan
or the like.

It probably would take someone funding one of the IC consultants capable
of completing the job to get it really going well, with UI support.

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Software axiom: Lack of speed kills.