[ic] best way to learn IC?

interchange-users@icdevgroup.org interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 17 17:30:01 2002

I recommend doing the catalog building tutorial with the books
available to refer to.  Then install the foundation site as a
point of reference and start tweeking it.  You will have a good
understanding of how the Foundation store was built.  Many
people think the Foundation store is THE way to do IC, but once
you've gone through the tutorial you see that it's A way to do
IC, but there are many ways to put together a site with IC.
Using Foundation for the basis of your site is a good idea, but
it's easy to get lost in what's what when you try to grasp the
whole thing all at once.

Patrick