[ic] customer log in/out

Jim Balcom interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Mon Jun 17 21:17:36 2002

On Mon, 17 Jun 2002, AirDelights.com wrote:

A>>understand your concern but not exactly sure how loging in as a customer
A>>would give them more protection from credit card fraud?  In my experience if
A>>anyone needs protection it's the merchant since they are usually the one
A>>that pay's the bill in the end on most credit card fraud cases. The only way
A>>I have found to protect the merchant is to get an exact match on the billing
A>>address. This would not require an account setup or login to achieve this
A>>since the billing address is requested at check out.  So, how does the log
A>>in feature of interchange provide credit card fraud protection?

My intention was not to give them more protection, but to give the merchant
more protection.

I misunderstood your question and I apologize for that mis understanding.

As long as you are getting detailed information at check out, there is not
much more that you can do to protect yourself. And, it sounds like you've
got the bases covered.

On index.html I would find the code that is looking for log in as sson as
you hit the page and put a [comment] at the top and a [/comment] at the end
of it to get it out of there. I prefer to use comments during testing so
that it is easy to restore what I have mistakenly removed.

-= Jim =-

                   .-.
                   /v\
                  // \\
                 /(   )\
                 ^^ - ^^
          > Phear the Penguin <
              L  I  N  U  X

Tagline for Monday, June 17, 2002 at 21:05 PM:
Push the limit, and the limit will move away!

This Linux System has been up 432 hours