[ic] Netscape 6 again..

Mon Jun 17 23:30:01 2002

Quoting Brendan Crosser-McGay (brendan@paymentonline.com):
> I have read alot of people posting comments about netscape 4.7 making their
> checkout page dissappear.  Well I'm here to say that 4.7 displays my
> checkout just fine, but netscape 6 makes my checkout page dissapear in SSL
> mode.  In Netscape 6 it appears fine if I take out the HTTPS.  It works fine
> in IE and ns4.7 though.  Has anyone had this problem before?
>
> Its very strange because in secure mode on netscape 6 only displays the
> first paragraph or two then it cuts off the rest of the page like it was
> interrupted during the transfer or something.  Has anyone encountered this
> before?  I could post the code for the checkout page but it probably won't
> help.  I've checked and rechecked my html.  The ITL is virtually the same as
> the foundation store checkout page.

This is probably not an IC problem. Check for normal HTTPS page display
(of a similar or larger size) and you will probably see the same thing.

You just say "Netscape 6" but there are many versions of that. There
are also workarounds on Apache for some problems seen in early versions
of IE, and these workarounds may pertain to this as well.

I would search the IC mail list for "SSL keep-alive" or "SSL keepalive".

--
Mike Heins
Perusion -- Expert Interchange Consulting

Software axiom: Lack of speed kills.