[ic] Persistence of item-modifier

Jerry Brady interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 18 15:03:00 2002

Folks,

It appears that item-modifier does not persist as an attribute of an
order once it is placed.  I'm using the catalog.cfg directives to add a
few modifiers to items during checkout, but I was surprised when these
didn't show up in the orderline table.

I wanted to see if either:

A. I did something incorrectly that caused the system not to include my
modifiers in the updates the orderline table; or

B. Item-modifier was never intended to be used for data that needs to be
tracked in any of the orders tables.

I would appreciate any guidance you can give me in either finding the
cause of my problem or directing me in modification more appropriate to
my purposes.  The two item modifiers I am currently using will be an
important part of the order status and tracking system I am building for
my client.

Sincerely,
Jerry Brady
Blue Circle Technologies