[ic] Persistence of item-modifier

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 18 15:56:00 2002

> It appears that item-modifier does not persist as an attribute of an
> order once it is placed.  I'm using the catalog.cfg directives to add a
> few modifiers to items during checkout, but I was surprised when these
> didn't show up in the orderline table.
>
> I wanted to see if either:
>
> A. I did something incorrectly that caused the system not to include my
> modifiers in the updates the orderline table; or
>
> B. Item-modifier was never intended to be used for data that needs to be
> tracked in any of the orders tables.
>
> I would appreciate any guidance you can give me in either finding the
> cause of my problem or directing me in modification more appropriate to
> my purposes.  The two item modifiers I am currently using will be an
> important part of the order status and tracking system I am building for
> my client.

Look up the UseModifier directive in the "Interchange Configuration"
reference manual for modifiers that you use often, such as size or
colour.  That directive is also described in the "Item Attributes"
section of the "Interchange E-Commerce Functions" reference manual.

There are other methods, involving "mv_item_option" values, in
association with "mv_order_*" values, but the UseModifier directive is
usually good enough.  If you are interested in mv_item_option, you can
see an HTML example in the "options" section of the "Interchange Tags"
reference manual.