[ic] Re: Persistence of item-modifier - A SERIOUS BUG? - correction

Ubi interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 19 03:31:20 2002

(I wrote ItemModifier instead of UseModifier... here the correct text)

 Dear all, this is the same problem that I've been
struggling against more than one month.

 I'm not a Perl programmer, so I'm in big trouble
trying to debug this problem that makes it impossible, for me,
to display a proper receipt (when I come to receipt.html,
I've already lost the modifiers and the correct prices).

 Jerry, I also wrote Perl routines that read the cart variables
in and, yes, all of the fields are still in there but not
the modifier (to be more precise: the hash exists, but the value is
empty in $Items and in $Carts->{main}) when I come to receipt.html
(the routines perfectly work in previous pages and display the correct
modifiers).

 Other attempts I've done include:

- passing some extra form data in order to keep track of the lost
  modifiers, but the data gets a bit messy someway (replicated, actually)

- setting UseModifier to other field names (I thought that perhaps I was
  using a "prohibited" modifier field name), without any luck

- getting back to IC v. 4.8.3 to see if the problem got solved... nope
  (I'm planning to test 4.6.5 as soon as possible)!

 I usually blame myself for such problems, but this time I really think
that it is a bug or there is something fundamental missing in the
documentation...

 Ubi

---