[ic] ic tag [value] question for checkout comment text

Steve Graham interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Wed Jun 19 10:36:02 2002

>From: "Jonathan Clark" <jonc@webmaint.com>
>To: <interchange-users@icdevgroup.org>
>Subject: RE: [ic] ic tag [value] question for checkout comment text
>Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:47:03 +0100
>
> > I have added a [value] tag to my shopping cart called mv_order_comments,
>and
> > would like to clear this value on checkout.
> >
> > To display on checkout I use
> > [if value mv_order_comments]
> > [value mv_order_comments]
> > [/if]
>
>Why do you need the [if value] here? If its empty (which is what you are
>checking for) it won't be displayed anyway.
>

> > I would like this to be cleared in receipt.html, after all emails etc..
> >
> > I have tried
> > [value mv_order_comments set="" hide=1]
> > but it just displays the value of mv_order_comments again.
>
>You are trying to mix positional and non positional parameters. You need:
>
>   [value name=mv_order_comments set="" hide=1]
>
>Jonathan
>Webmaint.

from my receipt.html  (foundation 4.8.5)

Here is my actual code:

[if value mv_order_comments]
Special Instructions:<br>
[value mv_order_comments]
[value name=mv_order_comments set="" hide=1]
[/if]

I tried the above, but it still does not clear the mv_order_comments.
How I tested: Enter a test order, and after the receipt.html shows in the
browser, click view cart (which is empty), then click checkout (no items to
show, but the special instructions comment is still there)

Any other suggestions,

Thanks,
Steve