[ic] I would need some advice for the UI

Bill Carr interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 20 07:29:01 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 04:24, René Hertell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm building a table from a lots of references to other tables. This part is
> easy to implement with building the references with the table-lookup
> feature. Everything works an looks fine on the edit page, but the list-page
> is my problem. I can't figure out how to get the skus (foreign keys) to be
> displayed as something else (eg. it would pull out the second column from
> the reference table)

Here is an example we have that may address your problem.

mysql> EXPLAIN brands;
+-------------+-----------------------+------+-----+
| Field       | Type                  | Null | Key |
+-------------+-----------------------+------+-----+
| brandid     | mediumint(8) unsigned |      | PRI |
| brand       | varchar(50)           |      | UNI |
| description | text                  |      |     |
+-------------+-----------------------+------+-----+

mysql> EXPLAIN items;
+---------------+-----------------------+------+-----+
| Field         | Type                  | Null | Key |
+---------------+-----------------------+------+-----+
| itemid        | mediumint(8) unsigned |      | PRI |
| title         | varchar(64)           |      | MUL |
| catid         | smallint(5) unsigned  |      | MUL |
| description   | longtext              |      | MUL |
| brandid       | mediumint(8) unsigned |      | MUL |
+---------------+-----------------------+------+-----+

catalog.cfg:
ProductFiles items

Then on a flypage:
[data table=brands col=brand key='[item-field brandid]']

Or use a query on any page:
[query
	list=1
	sql=|
		SELECT brand
		FROM items
		LEFT JOIN
			brands USING(brandid)
		WHERE
			itemid='[either][cgi itemid][or][value itemid][or]<some itemid you
provide>[/either]'

][sql-param brand][/query]

--
Bill Carr