[ic] Authorizenet problems with IC 4.8.5

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 21 18:54:00 2002

quoting Paul Hoza:
> >>I've been struggling with getting the credit card functions to work
> >>successfully with Interchange 4.8.5 (RedHat 7.2, RPM install) running
> >>using Inet_Mode.  I've read as much as I can find in the lists and I've
> >>called Authorize.net, but I can't seem to get this figured out.
> >>
> >>My current setup: (as it stands after many, many variations)
> >>(the 'variable' table accessed from IC Admin.)
> >>         AUTHNET_ID              <my ID>
> >>         AUTHNET_MODE            (blank)
> >>         AUTHNET_REFERER www.nearlyeverything.com
> >>         AUTHNET_SECRET  <my password>
> >>         AUTHNET_SERVER  secure.authorize.net
> >
> >This may be a referer URL issue. You need to log in to your authorizenet
> >control panel go to
> >Settings->URLs. There you set the URL(s) which are valid referers for
> >direct payment processing. I found that I had to provide
> >https://www.mydomain.com to get Anet to accept it, and set the
> >AUTHNET_REFERER in catalog.cfg to match.
>
> Well, I went into the settings and checked that https://www.mydomain.com
> was set as a Valid Browser Referrer URL (not a default URL) and
> that's not
> working either.  I checked in the variable table to make sure that
> AUTHNET_REFERER was set to the same.  Still the same error:
>      "(authorizenet): Charge failed, reason: Authorizenet error: . Please
> call in your order or try again."
>
> Something that's not totally clear to me is whether Interchange uses the
> ADC stuff or WebLink.   Now, depending on which one it uses, I think the
> settings are different on the Authorize.net settings, but it's unclear to
> me just which settings are to be set to what... and where.
>
> I'm sorry if that sounds loopy, but I'm getting tired of trying
> out dozens
> of combinations just to see if I can get it right!  Brute force
> is good for
> some things, but this isn't one of them.  I'd really appreciate
> if someone
> would document the types of settings needed both on the IC side and the
> AuthNet side... oh yeah, if that's been documented thoroughly,
> please send
> the link, as I must have missed it.  (or forgotten about it over the past
> days of struggle.)
>
> Thanks again,
> Paul Hoza

Paul I am on 4.8.3 so I am not sure if there were improvements made to IC in
4.8.5. I had to edit payment.pm and authorizent.pm. read this for a start,
and double check:

http://interchange.redhat.com/archive/interchange-users/2002/msg05169.html

Also, IC supports ADC RELAY and DIRECT RESPONSE, not sure about weblink.

I use DIRECT, and you don't need the referrer for that (you will probably in
the Fall). I suggest using DIRECT (it is preferred anyways), and skip the
referrer until later.

There are a couple helpful Authnet posts on the forum also. Do a search for
Authorize.net there.

HTH

Paul