[ic] Search definition question. Data-format-induced craziness.

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 25 19:43:01 2002

At 05:40 PM 6/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a client who set up categories like:
>  Connectors
>  Connectors-Audio
>  Connectors-RF
>
>and so on.  Each has multiple subcategories.  The original code for pulling
>the subcategories out when a shopper clicked the category was:
>   [loop search="
>         st=sql
>         sf=category
>         se=[scratch catgy]
>         tf=subcategory
>         un=yes
>         rf=subcategory
>   "]
>
>However, for the plain Connectors category, it retrieved the subcategories
>for all categories beginning with "Connectors".  I tried every combination
>of search term, e.g., op=em (or op=eq em=yes - whichever it is) and ac=1 and
>so on and on and on.  Nothing worked.

When you tried op=eq or op=em, did you also add a co=yes to the search? My
understanding (and generally my experience backs this up) is that co
(mv_column_op) on works with coordinated searches (co), even if there is
only one 'set' of terms.

- Ed L.