[ic] items not found

Ed LaFrance interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 25 20:19:01 2002

At 06:47 PM 6/25/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>I am using interchange with the default db, after inputting some data I
>changed some fields.
>After continued entering data I realised that some items where not found
>when using the small search box in the user interface but could be found
>when using the advanced search or clicking on the category and even found
>when using the admin ui item editor. I checked the products.txt file and
>seems OK, removed the products.gdbm to rebuild the database, check all
>tables but no success.
>Any ideas please
>

>Ronald Camilleri

I'd guess the reason for this is that the searches on those two forms are
constructed differently. In particular, the sidebar search is explicitly a
db search, where the searches on the advanced search pages are not of an
explicitly defined type, so they may default to text searches, depending
upon how your catalog is configured. Also, the sidebar search contains a
few lines which try to exclude items which have their 'inactive' field set
to Yes (1); the advanced searches do not.

So if you want to poke around in those search forms a bit, you can probably
change one or the other so that they behave in a more consistent manner.

- Ed L.

Increase profits from your Interchange store...
http://www.newmediaems.com/cgi-bin/nm/software_fus.html
(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax