[ic] PC Configurator

John Beima interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Tue Jun 25 20:37:01 2002

G'Day Ray,

No mods needed... Just configure the simple options. The modular options arn't
working yet. If I re-call correctly they wont be totally active until version 5.
It is just the earily stages you are seeing there.

To make the simple options add or subtract from the price, you need to do an
entry in the price column/field for that option. You use the same label from the
name field and do something like the following... The do a space seperated list.

If you have options/labels/name like this:

Size:

M=Medium
L=Large
XL=Extra Large

Then you might have a price field like this:

M=-1 XL=1

Then if they selected a M or a XL item it would either add or subtract that
options value.

Leaving the code the way it is, will allow the user to change his options in the
checkout basket and then refresh the page and have an updated price occur there
as well. No need to remove and put back in of the item in the basket.

John Beima
jbeima@palb.com, support@alocalagent.com, and support@alocalchurch.com

P.A.L.B. Systems - Phone: (780)451-1086 - Fax: (780)447-4760
11639-122 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T5M 0B6

Affordable Web Pages - Phone: (888)932-9990 - Fax: (256)351-7297
2713B Spring Place SW, Decatur, Alabama, United States, 35603