[ic] IC 4.8.5 GPG to PGP decrypt options... worked in 4.6.5 (Solved)

Boyd Lynn Gerber interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Thu Jun 27 17:22:19 2002

On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Mike Heins wrote:
> Quoting Boyd Lynn Gerber (gerberb@zenez.com):
> > On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Mike Heins wrote:
> > > Quoting Boyd Lynn Gerber (gerberb@zenez.com):
> > >
> > > Couldn't you put it in your GPG options file?  If you did that, you
> > > could just set "Encryptor /usr/local/bin/gpg".
> >
> > I add these to the /usr/local/interchange/.gnupg/options file and it did
> > not work.
> >
> > compress-algo 1
> > cipher-algo cast5
> >
> > and I set the Encryptor to /usr/local/bin/gpg
>
> And restarted....
>

> > Saddly that did not help? Any other ideas?
> >

> I suggest you uncomment the debug statements in Vend::Order::pgp_encrypt
> and see what command is actually being issued.
>
> And are you sure you don't have some funny thing set in
> "encryptor" in your order route?

I finally have it fixed.  What I have found is that some version of GPG
need a blank line at the end of the options file.  GPG 1.0.7 does not.  A
note that might be helpful in the FAQ about the options file and that each
option must be on a seperate line.  I put just space between each option
and the error_log file showed gpg had problems.  Once I put each option on
a line and ended with just a blank line and restarted IC everything
worked.

Thanks a lot!

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047