[ic] Copying field to field for all product records

Jim Toro interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 28 11:58:01 2002

I got a products database of 30,000 records. It was specially designed
with all new empty fields for future growth needs. Now the customer
wants two fields of each record to be copied to two currently empty
fields of the same record, for each record of the database. So that
the exiting data fields are duplicated in the new fields.

This is a one-shot job, just taking "field4" and "field5" and copying
their data to "field23" and "field24", all 30,000 records.

Anyone know of a quick way to do it. I could export the data and
manipulate it and then reimport it but I was wondering if some tool or
existing routine might do it so I dont have to re-invent the wheel.