[ic] Billing Address at checkout

Russ Mann interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Fri Jun 28 12:22:00 2002

> Is there a way to modify Foundation so that the billing variables like
> b_fname, b_state, etc. go through some error checking like the shipping
> variables?  I'd like to implement something where checking a
> checkbox means
> you can leave the billing fields blank and they will just be
> pulled from the
> shipping fields after submitting.  I want the required billing
> fields to go
> through the error checking only if the checkbox isn't checked.
> Can this be
> pulled off with catalog-level files?  Thank you!
>
> - Grant

Dear Grant,

In the file etc/profiles.order the error checking is done.  Find the order
profile you're using, based on <input type="hidden" name="mv_order_profile"
value="checkout_profile"> in the checkout.html page.

Add this under that specific profile:

[if value name_of_my_checkbox]
b_fname = required
b_lname = required
b_state = state_province "[value b_state]" is not a valid US/Canada state or
province.
... on down the list ....
[/if]

-Russell Mann