[ic] ship only to US

Paul Jordan interchange-users@icdevgroup.org
Sun Jun 30 11:37:01 2002

> Paul Jordan wrote:
> [snip]
>
> >Buy.com (and now us) require users to be registered, thus as for you, you
> >can only allow people from the US, on your checkout page in the
> first place.
> >On your checkout page, they are unable to edit their customer info.
> >
> >I am going to launch our new improved website soon. It has a multipage
> >checkout, registered users only, and controlled areas for customer input,
> >modeled after buy.com.
> >
> [/snip]
>
> Paul,
> I myself am interested in doing a multi-page checkout, but I've found
> nothing in the form of a tutorial on the lists.  There is the "Barry
> Method" from an old IC demo, but I think the community would benefit
> from a nice little post on how exactly you got multi-page
> checkout working.
>
> Any chance you might share your secrey once you are done?
>
> -Cameron

Sure, I will post it next weekend. I am a newbie, and guessed at most of it,
but it has been looked over by a professional, and seems to be copasetic. I
use a custom OnFly routine, and treat value=> b_foo completely secondary
(optional, non overriding) throughout IC, but you should get the idea :)

Take care

Paul

BTW, as in point, I feel foo, and b_foo should be rethought. The backend of
IC really ties my hands (WRT upgrading) centering IC around billing, which I
do, and how I think it should be. Many benifits. Treating objects as known
values is a lot easier than having to "double check" everytime you want to
get/preserve certain data.