[ic] Re: Unzipping The Download

Cory James Trese interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 1 12:24:01 2002

Dan Browning writes:

> For the record, I have Interchange running in Cygwin on Windows 2000 (with
> PostgreSQL and Apache).  It is nice to provide to clients so they can have
> a daemon running on their development box, even if their development box is
> Windows.  But I have to agree that Linux is best-suited to be the
> production server.

Cory Trese writes:

I also have Interchange running under Windows 2K (pro, with MySQL on a
Linux box and apache.)  I just recently set this up after creating a very
similar environment for Enhydra.

My personal opinion is that when running Interchange with Windows 2000 it
is best to build your own PERL.  For PERL that requires modules, steer
clear of Activestate!