[ic] Lost mv_modifier values

Tue Mar 5 10:52:01 2002

At 10:24 AM 3/5/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi list,
>
>I need some additional infos in the cart so I use
>A string vpe ( use modifier color,vpe; separate item yes)
>I store infos like /1/1000/Spule 1000m/2/100/Ring 100m
>to display the infos in the cart like:
>1 x Spule 1000m = 1000
>2 x Ring 100m = 200
>

>The problem appears when I select the delete checkbox in the cart.
>After the refresh the selected item  is deleted (thatıs what I wanted) and
>the vpe modifier info for the rest of the entries is also deleted.
>
>I read about this in the list but there was no solution described .

I did post a solution for this a while ago, though I don't know how easy it
is to find in the mail archives.  Anyone who can correct me on what comes
next, please do.

It seems that, beginning with the 4.7/4.8 branch, item modifiers need to
have an input widget in the cart, even if it is a hidden one, or they will
be erased when the cart form is submitted.  It wasn't like this in 4.6, to
my reckoning. I'm guessing this has something to do with the introduction
of item options handling.

In any case, the solution is to make sure that there is a form element it
the basket and checkout cart areas for each modifier that you use.  If the
modifiers are display-only, in the item list, all you need is something
like this:

<input type=hidden name="[modifier-name vpe]" value="[item-modifier vpe]">

To make the modifier persistent.  If you also want the user to be able to
change the value of the modifier(s) in the cart or checkout item list, use
something like the [item-accessories ...] tag.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax