[ic] Suexec BIG PROBLEMS --PleaseHelp!!

Aaron Hazelton interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 18:05:01 2002

> I have not been able to run a catalog under ANY OTHER USER
> but interch!!
>
> I NEED to run the catalog under the same user as my virtual
> server(s)!!
>
> I know that the interchange server runs as interch, and that is fine,
> but I need each catalog to run under different users.
>
> I use Suexec with Apache and everytime I run makecat and tell
> it that I
> use suexec I get the following error:
>
> "chown sampledata.xls: No such file or directory"
>
> and makecat exits w/o finishing making the catalog.
>
> so I say [n] to that question, and I have tried everything that I can
> think of and I can't run the catalog as ANY OTHER USER but interch.
>

> Can someone PLEASE HELP me through this??
>
> Thanks
> Rick

I ran into the same issues and heres what I did:

Say no when makecat asks about suexec

After 'makecat'...
chmod u-s /...../(catname).cgi

Make sure the 'catalogs', www, and cgi-bin is owned by the virtual host
user

Add the user 'interch' to the group of the virtual host user

When you restart interchange add 'SocketPerms=666'

If im off, somebody else please let me know, but that is working
flawlessly for me
Aaron Hazelton