[ic] Put products into Multiple Category - How to ?

Russ Mann interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 8 11:51:01 2002

Hello,

I do this by modifying the products database and adding additional category
fields.  This requires modifying the page code to deal with the new category
fields.

Once your product database is updated with new category fields, you can
structure coordinated searches to search for whatever text you're looking
for in both (or all three, etc.) fields.

-Russell

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Steve Palm
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 8:31 AM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] Put products into Multiple Category - How to ?

>Another problem.  How can I make multiple categories for one product? say 3
>categories.  I try to find from the document, but it doesn't say anything
>about multiple category.

 I have not seen an answer to this, my apologies if it's already covered.

 Anyone know how to do this?

 I found a brief reference in the docs (5.2.11 in the Foundation Store docs)
that says you can put a product into more than one category, but you may
need to accommodate this in the display and banner headings.  Embedded perl
is helpful for this.

 Any pointers?