[ic] problem at server start

Samuel A. Rogers interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 9 15:25:01 2002

cfm@maine.com wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 05:57:49PM -0500, maillist wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I agree to you a lot. I was searching already long enough until I finally found that suexec doesn't work with UNIX sockets. And for this point I just found no answer.
>>And it's really not good, because in most of the search results you have to read long texts and then it doesn't even relate. I don't want to complain too much, but google groups deliver very good results. I am sure though this can't be implemented that easy.
>>A FAQ would be good, especially one where you find the solutions for all these error messages.
>>
>>Anyway my next error message is on the browser screen: Undefined catalog: cgi-bin/catname
>>I'll have to figure that one out now.
>

> **THAT** is a FAQ.  :-)

Boyyyy, Please don't insult me!

If your poor and sitting on a corner asking for money. And I walk by and
  see a penny on the ground and pick it up and give it to you. Have I
really helped you? Some would say yes, your a penny richer. Others would
say no, because you can't buy anything with it. But then others say,
well if you put it togather with other pennies you can then buy
something with it.

So lets say on aveage you get 20 people a day and they all give you a
penny. Can you still buy food with it? Unlikely, and definately not
enough to live on. So then people say well in a week you'll have a
dollar and then you can go to Micky Dees and get a burger.

So then the question is, can **YOU** live on a burger a week???

So if Interchange is a business tool and I loose a week trying to get
information out of a mailing list to fix it how much value is it? Would
a FAQ be of more value? If you found a fix quicker in a FAQ would it be
of more value? Again for the mailing list, some will say you did get
informaton to fix it and your a week closer to makeing money. Others
will also say, yes, but I lost a weeks worth of income in the process.

There is an old addage: Time is money!!!

So then the question is, can **YOU** live without a weeks (or more)
worth of income???

So is a mailing list a FAQ???

If one were to say yes to this, Spock would be very upset (if he had
emotions) with you, for this is not logical!!! :-)

And neither is say a mailing list is a FAQ.

And so I hope this ends this discussion on whether or not a mailing list
is a FAQ, as it will for me.