[ic] Secure server FAQs [monthly posting]

Loy Ellen Gross interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 11 14:37:01 2002

May I suggest the following addition:

   I have a different secure server domain. Why does the admininstration
   menu not recognize my login?

	If you have based your store upon "Foundation" then your
	catalog.cfg contains

		AlwaysSecure	login

	among other pages. However, your variable.txt file contains

		UI_SECURE	{blank}

	This combination means that your login (and cookie) will be
	set on the secure server, but all subsequent links in the UI
	adminstration area will attempt to go back to the non-secure
	server, resulting in a "You need to login" message.

	For maximum security, set UI_SECURE to 1 so that your entire
	backend UI is on the secure server.

Feel free to modify if I haven't got all my lights on upstairs :) ,
but this solution has worked for me and at least two other Interchange
users.

Txs, Loy

--
Loy Ellen Gross :: Specialty Web Products WNY :: BiznessOnline.com
  <lgross@thebiz.net> :: home office 585.343.0424 :: cell 585.330.9005