[ic] date widget and mysql date field

Russ Mann interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 13:44:00 2002

Does it store with YYYY-MM-DD ?  This field is also displayed, and
displaying YYYYMMDD without any delimeter will look very odd.

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Ed
LaFrance
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 8:57 AM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ic] date widget and mysql date field

At 10:42 PM 3/11/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello List,
>
>IC 4.8.3
>
>The date widget doesn't seem to like date typed fields in mysql.  The
reason
>I need to use the date type is to make sorting effectual on the date field.
>Is the new dev. of IC solving this problem?  Is there a way I can update
>Primitive.pm to get the date widget to read and write to a mysql date
field?

>Thanks,
>
>Russ Mann

Russ -

Try making your date file char(8), then setup the UI to use the date widget
for this field. I think you will find that the widget works correctly, and
if you take a look at the raw field data you'll find that it is stored in
the format YYYYMMDD automatically, which makes it suitable for sorting.

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax