[ic] Change process name

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 15:53:00 2002

I'm building a script which will be ran from a cron job to check if the
Interchange process is running and if it is not it will restart the
process.  This works fine for one interchange process but when two
processes with the same name are brought into play (different IC
versions) it fails because I'm using the pidof command to determine if
the process exists.

I remember way back that there was a way to change the process name so
that when it shows up in ps it is more descriptive of which process is
which.  How do I go about doing this?

If I cannot figure this out I will probably rewrite the script to get
the pid number from the pid file then use ps and grep to see if it's
running.

Thanks,
-Ron