[ic] Shipping Question

Thu Mar 14 15:01:01 2002

Quoting John Mann (johnmann@lstek.net):
> I have a problem modifying the shipping charges on my Interchange inventory.
> What I want to be able to do is charge fixed shipping charges based on
> individual items. Item A has X shipping, Item B has Y shipping, and so
> forth. The problem is that very few items have the same shipping costs. I
> want to be able to alert the customer to the shipping charges on the item
> page (which I can do), and when the item enters the cart, it should tally
> the correct shipping. This shipping is not based on price, size, or weight -
> it is based on a combination of these.
>
> What I need is fixed shipping per item, but this shipping isn't universal.
> Is it possible to store the shipping price in the item/stock database along
> with the rest of the item's information? And how would I go about doing
> this?

It is simpler than simple. Add a field called shipping. Then add to shipping.asc:

STD	Standard Shipping	shipping	0	99999	f @@TOTAL@@

Do a query (either with mysql or in a page, shown below):

	[flag type=write table=country]
	[query sql="update shipping set shipmodes = 'STD'"][/query]

Change in catalog.cfg so shipping is correct from the start:

	ValuesDefault  mv_shipmode   STD

That's it, at least for the standard demo.

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't want to get to the end of my life and find I have just
lived the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as
well. -- Diane Ackerman