[ic] Connect to PostgreSQL database

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 14 18:43:00 2002

If you look at the structure of the PGSQL database, there is a lot more than
just the products table. Try building a catalog and having the IC build the
DB for you. Then work backwards.

--
Fred Pope
Satcom Resources

<!---Original Message Below --->
What is the name for the catalog.cfg database directive?
Ex: Database products products.asc dbi:psql or Pg:database:localhost:5432

Using psql gets me - connect failed -- unknown error. Driver psql installed?
Using Pg gets me - DBI->connect(database:localhost:5432) failed. ERROR -
missing = after 'database:localhost:5432' in conninfo ... Table/DBI.pm line
445

I set up a postgreSQL database with a products table, and loaded it with
data. Do I also need column names in the /products/products.asc file if I
want to access the data from the postgreSQL database products table?

Thanks,
Trentt