[ic] newbie! Redhat Interchange vs. PHPshop vs. outOFbox?

Thu Mar 14 21:47:01 2002

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, OwwwLS wrote:

O>>I'm a complete newbie at ecommerce, and I'm researching the options, so
O>>please bear with me on these simple questions.
O>>
O>>Wondering if Interchange is really a cadillac solution, and that smaller
O>>businesses would need something out of the box. Although I'd prefer
O>>opensource, Miva seems to get high ratings in the small biz world (provided
O>>you have the plug-ins). I've just discovered PHPshop too, and was wondering
O>>if that might be more suitable for small business than Interchange.
O>>
O>>I know there would be a learning curve with Interchange, so I'm ready for
O>>that if it turns out that it makes sense for small business.
O>>
O>>Opinions please - thanks so much!

If you need zoned-based shipping calculations then this is the only thing
available.

Otherwise, Rich Carey has commerce.cgi which is excellent. I did a lot of
business on it, and would still be there if it handled shipping better.

If you don't need zone-based shipping then there are many options available.
I recommend that you explore the free ones first.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Thursday, March 14, 2002 at 21:50 PM:
If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.

This Linux System has been up 1752 hours