[ic] shipping.asc ownership

Thu Mar 14 23:54:01 2002

At 08:34 PM 3/14/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Whenever I make changes to shipping in cpanel, it changes the ownership of
>the shipping.asc file to cpanel from whatever it was before. Therefore I can
>not edit the file manually.
>
>Is this correct? If not, where is the problem comming from?
>
>Dave

This is not your imagination. With shared IC managed by CPanel you
basically cannot edit files which are in the cpanel group (except using
IC's own browser-based file editor) when you are not a member of that
group.  Otherwise you will render your catalog inoperable. It is a very bad
situation, in my opinion. Check file ownerships carefully before editing
via shell, or overwriting with uploads!

- Ed L.

(866) 519-4680 Toll-Free       (530) 622-9426 Fax