[ic] Problems with pictures

Todd Robinson interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 10:49:26 2002

> What is the path where the Web browser is "trying" to find
> the image.  In
> other words when you right mouse click on the image (the
> x" ) what shows up as the image location under properties?
> Or look in the
> source code for the location of that particular image in the
> img tag of the
> resulting html.

www.mycompany.com/mycompany/images/items/item_pic.jpg

Which is rooted in /var/www/html, and the normal pics are in
/var/www/html/mycompany/images/items/

> Is your image problem only related to product images or product and
> navigational images, etc?

Problem is with all pictures, product and navigation/site images.

> If there are multiple types of images being impacted, what is
> the location
> reference as requested above for the various image types?  Is
> the html code
> "looking" for all the images in the same location?

No, the site/navigational images are referenced at
www.mycompany.com/mycompany/images/foundation/logo.gif (for instance).
Both directories exist and have 'all' read privs all the way down to
root.

Todd