[ic] Netscape drops cart and YES I've checked the FAQ

Fri Mar 15 12:51:01 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 12:21:40PM -0500, Bill Carr wrote:
> Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.23, Debian woody, Mysql 3.23.47, IC 4.8.3
> Here is the setup in interchange.cfg
> Catalog deansbeans.com /www/deansbeans.com/ic www.deansbeans.com/ic
> deansbeans.com/ic
>
> Using Netscape 4.73 on Windows 2000:
> Cart drops going to https server if I start with URL
> http://deansbeans.com/ic. If I use http://www.deansbeans.com/ic, I have
> no problems. My guess is that NS is ignoring the cookie set because the
> URL does not have two dots. I emphasize guess. I have not looked into
> this.
>
> I thouhgt that if a visitor came to the site using
> http://deansbeans.com/ic they would click on a link or submit a form and
> they would end up with something like
> http://www.deansbeans.com/ic/<somepage>?id=blah,blah,blah. Then the URL
> would have two dots and NS would be happy.

Your cookie domain is .deansbeans.com right?  Which will
match foo.deansbeans.com, bar.deansbeans.com and www.deansbeans.com
but I don't think it matches deansbeans.com.

Try setting the BASE HREF in your top page.  Otherwise use
a redirect for deansbeans.com to www.deansbeans.com.  And
yes, it will mangle your script aliases too if you use
FullURL.