[ic] Netscape drops cart and YES I've checked the FAQ

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Mar 15 13:59:01 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-15 at 12:21, Bill Carr wrote:
> Perl 5.6.1, Apache 1.3.23, Debian woody, Mysql 3.23.47, IC 4.8.3
> Here is the setup in interchange.cfg
> Catalog deansbeans.com /www/deansbeans.com/ic www.deansbeans.com/ic
> deansbeans.com/ic
>
> Using Netscape 4.73 on Windows 2000:
> Cart drops going to https server if I start with URL
> http://deansbeans.com/ic. If I use http://www.deansbeans.com/ic, I have
> no problems. My guess is that NS is ignoring the cookie set because the
> URL does not have two dots. I emphasize guess. I have not looked into
> this.

It's more likely that your cookiedomain is .deansbeans.com, which
doesn't match deansbeans.com because of the leading dot.  The domain
deansbeans.com actually does have two dots, as all domain names end with
the root domain, so even though almost no applications show the root,
the domain is actually 'deansbeans.com.'

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect