[ic] newbie! Redhat Interchange vs. PHPshop vs. outOFbox?

Sat Mar 16 12:56:00 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, Steven Potter wrote:

SP>>I don't know what happened to commerce.cgi, but there is a cart called
SP>>agora.cgi that was origionally based off of commerce.cgi.  You can find
SP>>it at http://www.agoracart.com
SP>>
SP>>I have used it on several sites.  It is great for smaller catalogs, but
SP>>when you start getting into larger ones it can be a little slow.  It
SP>>doesn't have as many features as IC does, but it does support inline
SP>>perl so you can add anything you would like.

I visited the site and it does, indeed, seem to be a refurbished
commerce.cgi

The only reason that I left it was because I NEEDED zone-based shipping, and
adding it in to commerce.cgi was more than I wanted to take on.

Because it has fewer features than IC, it is a lot easier for a newbie to
get operational and to maintain. There is a lot less hairpulling.

I had made a LOT of modifications in mine, and I had done away with all of
the front end stuff that was in the package and I had made my own - using
only his databases and his .cgi script.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Saturday, March 16, 2002 at 12:55 PM:
Will answer mail for food.

This Linux System has been up 1791 hours