[ic] Problems with pictures

Sat Mar 16 16:01:01 2002

At 11:27 AM 3/16/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Ed,
>
>Yes I used the RPM's (all of them) from the RH IC download site.  That is
>good to know that using the file(s) that you did not see a problem. There
>might however be a version difference between the RPM and the tar sets. Or
>there is some difference between the way your system is setup and
>Christophers/mine.
>
>What version of RH & Perl are you at?

RH 7.2 & Perl 5.6.1 on that box.

>Also what option in the install did you choose the M or the G. I got
>different reactions from using the G. When I used the M things finally
>worked better.

Neither; nearly all the IC installs I do are owned by the same user who
will own all the catalogs and just about all other files in their home
directory, so mode options are neither needed nor presented.

>What did you specify for the html images directory. Was it
>/company1/images or just /images? Todd and I are going to be in discussion
>on wheather there is an bug there or not.

Either: /home/someuser/htdocs/images or
/home/someuser/htdocs/catname/images. Either way has always worked fine.

>Also did the tar version you used, copy over the en_US directory? I know
>in my version that the 6-9 times I installed/reinstalled, it _never_
>copied over (again using the RPM's) this directory for me.

You mean docroot/interchange/en_US ?  Yes.

>My system is:
>
>RH 7.2 | upgraded from 7.1
>Perl 5.6.1 | upgraded from 5.6.0, all but the last install was w/5.6.0
>IC 4.8.3 | the current version as of 3-4 weeks ago.
>
>Let me know if I forgot any thing here.
>
>Regards,
>
>         Sam.

Not that I can see.  Is your server setup for virtual hosting or is it a
dedicated box?  The vast majority of the stuff I do for clients is virtual,
with their own IC install in their home directory. I haven't done a
dedicated box with the RPM install (or a shared box with one central IC
installed from the RPM) since version 4.6.5.

- Ed L.