[ic] Cart programming question

Jupiters Fire interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 07:13:01 2002

Hi all,
After reading the mail from this list, I'm wondering if I should embarrass
my self here.  I just started a business and got my own domain and the host
company told me they offered this shopping cart.  Which was what snagged me
to go with them.  Well, Im not a programmer at all, you mights as well be
talking pig latin to me.  The bottom line is Im out of resourses so
purchasing a shopping cart or even renting one is out of the question at the
moment.  So would someone please tell how to set this up. I need help and
don't where to begin.
Thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steffen Dettmer" <steffen@dett.de>
To: <interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2002 2:41 PM
Subject: Re: [ic] Cart programming question

* Mike Heins wrote on Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 15:09 -0500:
> Quoting Steffen Dettmer (steffen@dett.de):
> > * Mike Heins wrote on Sun, Mar 17, 2002 at 14:06 -0500:
> > > It won't do that if the string is formatted properly.
>
> No. I don't know if you know what is happening here.
>
> [pragma safe_data]
> [calc]
> my $ref = [data table=foo col=bar key=baz];
> [/calc]
>
> The data tag is interpolated before the Perl code is evaluated.
> If the string coming from the data tag is correct, the code
> will be valid.

Ahh, I see. Thank you for clarification! Of course my test were
not working since I missed the "safe_data", the output was HTML
rendered, so a copy & paste from browser to command line worked
and I thought the string is correct. Now I understand it (I hope
:)).

Now I used a usertag and the Safe::reval, which works. Is this a
bad way of going?

Thank you for your help and the phenomenal "on weekend" support!

oki,

Steffen