[ic] Scalable

Loy Ellen Gross interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 14:00:01 2002

On Sun, 17 Mar 2002, Mike Heins wrote:

> Quoting music@labyrinth.net.au (music@labyrinth.net.au):
> >

> > I run several catalogs that are in production and taking orders.
> > One store has 140000 titles in a secondary product table running using mySQL
> > Redhat 7.2 (256KB RAM)
> > Complex searches, or even a search through 'All categories' usually return a
> > result list within about 2 or 3 seconds, even when hundreds of matches are
> > found!
> >
> > Interchange runs a lot faster (10x?) than the portals we build using
> > PHP/mySQL.
>
> I don't think that is true, but I am glad you think so. 8-)

I'll second that ... IC with the default gdbm runs much faster and
with less system stress than phpShop (I think it's called?) with MySQL
for the exact same 6,600 products (in default configurations, so we're
not accounting for features here, just straight through shopping
speed). Been there, done that.

  -- Loy

--
Loy Ellen Gross :: Specialty Web Products WNY :: BiznessOnline.com
  <lgross@thebiz.net> :: home office 585.343.0424 :: cell 585.330.9005