[ic] Should I buy another CPU?

Robert Brandtjen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 18:32:54 2002

On Monday 18 March 2002 04:58 pm, Bill Carr wrote:
> Should I buy another PIII 850 for my servers at $225 per unit? I have
> two IC/web servers with 512RAM and one PIII 850 each. I am definitely
> doubling the RAM. I am not sure how much difference the extra CPUs will
> make.

they make a big difference, although, you can get a better deal on the cpu's
here:

http://generalnanosystems.com  - is where i get all my stuff. What I would do
is, is i would get two 1.2 ghz p3's froom general, and put the two 850's in
one box, the two 1.2's in another box. although you can mix the cpu's - just
make sure the faster one is in the number one (cpu0) slot and the slower one
in the cpu1 slot

--
 Robert Brandtjen