[ic] (newbie) Setup for virtual hosts

Robert Brandtjen interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 18 19:02:00 2002

On Monday 18 March 2002 01:23 pm, Mark Jaffe wrote:
> Hi, all; sorry for not checking the archives more fully. I downloaded
> and built ic on YellowDog Linux (PPC/RedHat-based) and am a little
> confused on some of the configuration details. I run Apache as a

YDL is nearly exactly a PPC prot of RedHat - that being so, it is set up with
su-exec enabled Apache httpd server - the path for the su-exec is
/var/www/html - all cgi's must be in that path to work - either that or you
must change apache - personally, I like have the websites not be in the
/home/user directory path, since I prefer them to not be real users vis-a-vis
ftp access and such.

--
 Robert Brandtjen