[ic] Should I buy another CPU?

Doug Alcorn interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 10:33:01 2002

,----[ interchange.cfg ]
| # Set to "low", "high", or "rpc" to get different server parameters.
| Variable  TRAFFIC  rpc
|
| ifdef TRAFFIC =~ /rpc/i
| Message RPC traffic settings.
| PreFork             Yes
| StartServers        5
| MaxServers          0
| MaxRequestsPerChild 100
| HouseKeeping        2
| PIDcheck            120
| endif
`----

I'm not sure if the StartServers config of 5 will conflict with the
MaxServers of 0.  The point is that you should simply look in your
interchange.cfg file.  All I did was search for "rpc" and "MaxServers"
and found this information.  I'm sure there's some documentation on
ic.redhat.com for what all those parameters mean.  Take a look at
http://interchange.redhat.com/cgi-bin/ic/documentation.html?document=icconfig

As a side note, anyone know if Google is still indexing the mailing
list archives?  I tried a Google search on "rpc MaxServers
site:interchange.redhat.com" and got zero hits. I would expect that to
be false since this very thread mentions both rpc and MaxServers.
Can anyone provide a link to the original thread that discussed the
problem and Mike's workaround?
--
 (__) Doug Alcorn - Unix/Linux/Web Developing
 oo / PGP 02B3 1E26 BCF2 9AAF 93F1  61D7 450C B264 3E63 D543