[ic] Mike H, one step at a time

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 23:25:01 2002

Hi Mike.

I just got my first dedicated server! I am in the process of implementing
the usertag you wrote for sooftgoods. I had to wait until I had my server,
and access to interchange.cfg. Anyways, you remember this portion of the
code:

>UserTag enable-download Order resource
>UserTag enable-download addAttr
>UserTag enable-download Routine <<EOR
>sub {
>         my ($resource, $opt) = @_;
>
>         my $docroot = $opt->{document_root} || $::Variable->{DOCROOT};
>         my $dl_dir  = $opt->{base_dir} || 'tmp_download';
>         my $server  = $opt->{server}   || $::Variable->{SERVER_NAME};
>
>         ## Routine comes from Vend::Util

Well, When I restarted interchange, I got some barewords errors, See I
substituted www.imagemogul.com for SERVER_NAME. It didn't like it. The
barewords errors pointed me to the server name. SO I thought I could use my
IP address for SERVER_NAME.

When I restarted, I didn't get any errors.

My question is, since this is my first tweaking on the server level, Is it
OK to sub the IP address in there? Am I doing something that is bad
practice?

Thanks again for the great code.

Paul