[ic] $ENV{QUERY_STRING} ?

Orko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Mar 20 16:43:41 2002

Is there some way other than to loop through the $CGI hash to get the
full query string for a page?  I need to record tags that are going to
be passed to me and would prefer if the string stayed exactly the same
as it was when the cart homepage was called.  So for instance, if they
came in with:

https://www.store.com/catalog?track1=foo&track2=bar&other=stuff

I would want to store in a variable on the index page the string:

track1=foo&track2=bar&other=stuff

*not* something like:

other=stuff&track2=bar&track1=foo

The reasoning behind wanting to have it this way is fairly involved and
not relevant to the problem, so I won't go into that unless someone asks
me. ;-)

Any suggestions?  I have already noticed that the $ENV{QUERY_STRING}
variable is not set (or I can't seem to get to it) in a [calc] or a
[perl] tag.  A [dump] shows the %ENV hash is there and has the
$ENV{QUERY_STRING} set to the correct string, but there doesn't appear
to be a way to get to them.

Thanks in advance,

-- orko

--