[ic] new table creating error

John Young interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 13:12:00 2002

Greg Goble wrote:
> Configuring catalog training...Using PostgreSQL,
> DSN=dbi:Pg:dbname=interch...table 'coordinator' failed: DBD::Pg::st execute
> failed: ERROR: Relation 'coordinator' does not exist at
> /usr/lib/interchange/lib/Vend/Table/DBI.pm line 1321.
>
> I created a table coordinator.txt as it should be...I believe.
> coordinator.pgsql is building the .sql,

Does that mean you only created the file products/coordinator.txt?
If so, also have a look at dbconf/pgsql - you may wish to create a
file in that directory to dictate the creation of the a coordinator table
within your PostgreSQL system.  Removing products/coordinator.sql,
and then restarting interchange (interchange -r) will create the table
according to dbconf/pgsql/coordinator.pgsql, populate it with the
contents of products/coordinator.txt, and touch products/coordinator.sql
so that it's not recreated the next time you start interchange.  At least
that's my understanding of it.

Hope I'm not stating the obvious or what someone else said (I'm
receiving in digest mode).

John Young