[ic] adding different users.

Bill Carr interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sat Mar 23 07:34:01 2002

We did this by creating groups and uid_group_index tables.
groups: gid, group, domain, description
users: uid, user, domain, description
uid_group_index: id, gid, uid (Shows who's in what group).

We use domain so that we can have joe@domain1 and joe@domain2,
managers@domain1 and managers@domain2.

Then we created a tag called acl that returns 0 or 1. You just give acl list
of domains or groups and it returns 1 if that user is in one of the given
groups or domains. Then you can use acl like so:
.access_gate:
changeprices: [acl manager@__DOMAIN__]
*: [acl @__DOMAIN__]

[if type=explicit compare='[acl
superusers@thehomedomain.com,staff@__DOMAIN__]']__STAFF_NAV_BAR__[/if]

This approach might be overkill for what you need. We needed a solution that
worked for multiple sites and was very flexible.

--Bill Carr