[ic] Ok heres my problem...

Ron Phipps interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Mar 25 15:09:00 2002

> From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-
> users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of micah abrams
>
> Dear list --
>
> I am hoping one of you can help me (or at least point me in the right
> direction).  I have a storefront that I setup using interchange.  I am
> selling products for a few different companies and would like to give
each
> customer a unique login to the admin section which would allow them to
> manage their own inventories (and only thier inventories).  I am
rather
> new
> to interchange and am looking for the easiest possible way to solve
this
> problem.

IC does not provide row level ownership of records, only table level
ownership.  The main reason is most of the underlying databases do not
have this functionality.

One way I can think of that you do this is have an inventory table for
each company then only give view/edit access for the inventory table to
the respective owner.  You'll need to change the inventory deduction
code in log_transaction, the inventory retrieval code in flypage.html,
and probably change the existing edit inventory links in the admin
interface to pass along which table should be edited.

> Are there any third party products etc.. that add this
> functionality?  What is hte best way to go about achieving this
> functionality?  If you feel this is OT or would rather reply in
private,
> please feel free.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Micah

Not that I know of.  You could contract this work out if you feel it is
beyond your capabilities.  As far as I know there is no "easy" way to do
this out of the box.

See ya,
-Ron