[ic] Well, I've finally given up on understaning the structure...

Fred Pope interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 10:01:01 2002

The reason that you have /usr/lib/interchange and /usr/local/interchange is
because you installed both the Tarball and the RPM. I reccommend using the
tarball.

Keep reading. You are very green on this. The admin pages live under
/$interchangeroot/ i.e. in a tarball installation /usr/local/interchange/.

The configure and makecat routines are pretty striaghtforward and I believe
that it covers them in the documentation which is limited, but works for
most people.

My interchange is set up like so:

$interchangeroot is at /usr/local/interchange

my Catalogs are here:

/home/interch/catalogs/

Then I have some various image files and other miscellaneous stuff outside
of interchange stored here : /var/www/html/$catalogname/

If you are getting a message that says that you need to install
bundle::interchange then that could be a big part of your problem. Work on
this untill you do not get that message anymore.

If you think installing this for the first time is hard and the
documentation is poor, you should have seen the commercial product that I
bought and then returned prior to installing IC.

Good Luck.
--
Fred Pope
Satcom Resources