[ic] shipping error:

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Mar 26 12:23:00 2002

> hmmm,
>
> well in /products/ there is a file called variable.txt
>
> in there was the old pointer to upsp, I changed it to USPS..
>
> and applied the changes and restart interchange, and I still
> see that error, I cleared out the cookies for my site and restarted the
> web browser.
>
> this is 4.6 interchange, bit 4.8.3, so I don't know if there are
> differences...
>
> there is also a file in there called variable.gdbm, but that file looks
> weird, some kind of database, I didn't change that one, left it alone.
>
> what do you think could be the problem ?

gdbm files "build" themselves according to your .txt files, in a way. You
did the right thing. I usually delete the gdbm file or the corresponding
.txt file. I don't think it is necessary, but it just assures that .gdbm
gets built with the new data. People say you don't have to do that, but I
remember I used to have to do that, I am just in the habit now, but probably
unnecessary.

I am only familiar with 4.8.2 & 4.8.3 So maybe your prob is a little
different.

Rick is right, double check the country.txt file and see what it says for
shipmodes.

Paul Jordan

www.imagemogul.com