[ic] Upgrading from Minivend

Thu Mar 28 08:45:01 2002

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 08:24:15AM +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> adam@tilde.ca writes:
>
> > We have a client who is considering upgrading from Minivend to
> > Interchange. I have setup Interchange before, but have never actually
> > seen the configuration for Minivend so I'm not sure how much they
> > differ.
>
> Most things are the same in Minivend, especially the databases probably
> didn't need to changed. Put the catalogs on a test system and try to
> run them with Interchange. Iron out the problems.

yes, don't try to install with makecat.  tar up your old minivend
catalog and install it under your ic tree.  It will probably just
work, particularly if it is a minivend 3.12+.

There are a number of posts in the mailing list about issues you might
run into upgrading from minivend3 to 4.

Presumably if they want to upgrade, they have a reason and someone
is comfortable working out the details.  Or is it because you don't
like seeing what newer perl spews out when you start old mv?  :-)