[ic] update a window from a second one

Honest to Goodness interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 09:44:01 2002

The JavaScript way is to define properties and methods as variables and
functions in your parent page. Then the parent opens the child using
newWindow and remembers the window handle. Now the child can refer to
the parent's properties using things like
window.opener.formname.controlname.method() for manipulating form
controls.