[ic] Sendmail & .cfg issues plz hlp

Thu Mar 28 22:49:00 2002

At 08:21 PM 3/28/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>  Reply:----My emails are showing up in my error log with error: cannot send
>using sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail.  But this is the correct path for
>sendmail and I can sent the mail manually throught shell.  Is it possible
>that this is a permission issue?

Yes, quite possible, as /usr/sbin is intended to contain binaries
exclusively for use by the system administrator (root). Since Interchange
does not run as root, I would imagine that accessing sendmail in this path
would be problem. There should be a binary (or link to one) in
/usr/lib/sendmail - try that. Or just type:

         whereis sendmail

to find some runable binaries.

- Ed L.